A unique opportunity for a Helpdesk / Service Desk coordinator / dispatcher to join a fast growing, market leading Service Provider to lead and develop a growing team
Salary: £24,000+ DOE
Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire
An opportunity has arisen for a highly organised and detail oriented Service Desk / Support Coordinator to join our growing team and play a pivotal role in our continued growth through improving and ensuring outstanding levels of support and service delivery.
A successful candidate can look forward to
- Industry leading salary – we are only interested in attracting A players and will pay highly competitive salaries to secure the top candidates
- Cash back health scheme
- Company pension
- A fun, flexible and dynamic working environment
- A strong commitment to personal development, training and career progression for all of our team
Delivery of outstanding, second to none service – “whatever IT takes” – is at the heart of what we do and as our business & team continue to grow an opportunity has been identified to introduce a dedicated helpdesk / service desk coordinator to help manage the flow of work through our Helpdesk team, improving communication and customer experience externally whilst improving the flow, intelligence and efficiency of the internal service processes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a “not-quite-so-techie” IT professional with a keen eye for detail, strong communication and organisational skills and a desire to develop an IT career with a focus on the management, administrative, service and process elements of the IT support and service delivery industry.
Roles, responsibilities and expectations include
- Monitoring and managing the flow of inbound support and service requests in near real-time
- Maintaining an overview and awareness of a large number of tickets at any one time to be able to make informed decisions about workload, priority and other service decisions
- Dispatching or assigning tickets to the helpdesk support team and other supporting resources
- Working with field support and project teams to escalate, schedule and leverage additional resources to keep tickets moving through to resolution
- Quickly building a strong understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of individuals within the team
- Able to retain and process high level technical and organisational information relating to a large number of customers and their IT environments
- Making intelligent, informed decisions to get the right tickets to the right people to ensure swift, effective solutions and a balanced approach to workload
- Works well under pressure and able diffuse stressful situations with a clear, methodical approach and strong communication
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Providing reports and business information to the Board and management relating to Helpdesk service delivery and individual performance metrics
- Working across a shift pattern between 0700 and 1900 with some flexibility and adaptability to suit individual circumstances
- Having a ‘whatever IT takes’ mentality that aligns with Vital’s culture of ‘getting things done’ – a preparedness to step outside of your comfort zone, support colleagues in other areas of the business and generally work as a team player towards a common goal
Suitable candidates will possess at least some of the following skills and experience
- Although this is not predominantly a hands-on technical role, you must possess a solid and sound level of technical understanding across Microsoft technologies, Office 365, Cloud, Networking and other core MSP Services to be able to support your team and contribute effectively to the support experience. Being able to close a few simple tickets as you go will be a valuable contribution to the team and you must be able to converse and communicate on technical subjects with your colleagues and customers.
- A thorough, process driven mentality; high level of attention to detail and happiness carrying out repetitive tasks whilst identifying opportunities for continual improvement
- You will have worked in a Helpdesk environment – perhaps to 1st/2nd line level – and perhaps decided that development of your business and management skills presents a more interesting career path than continued technical progression
- Experience working with and configuring the Autotask PSA solution to effectively manage and work through customer support tickets, service requests and projects from start to finish
Contact us via careers -at- vital.co.uk enclosing a CV and covering letter if you would like to discuss this role further.