Salary: £26,000 – £35,000 DOE
Location: Wetherby, West Yorkshire
We are recruiting for a field based IT Support Engineer to join our growing Yorkshire team.
As a valuable part of our service and support delivery teams, you will provide onsite support, installations and project service to our customers covering a wide range of technical disciplines.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a field based support engineer who is looking to progress their career with the opportunity to be involved in the delivery of complex projects and achieve greater exposure to a broader range of technologies and customer solutions.
Typical duties will include
- Basic desktop and endpoint troubleshooting where remote options have been exhausted – re-imaging, hardware diagnostics and networking issues
- Workbench prep – configuration, imaging and intial setup of new devices
- Installation of new PCs, Laptops, Network Switches, Access Points and similar day to day installations
- Audit and inventory / scoping of networks in support of our New Business teams working with prospective new customers
- Working as part of our project team to deliver complex network, infrastructure, security and cloud projects encompassing Windows Servers, Hyper-V environments, Watchguard UTM Firewalls, Azure AD and Intune, Office 365 Migrations and similar.
This is a customer facing role which will give you the opportunity to work in support of our office based helpdesk and service teams whilst dealing directly with clients in a face to face support environment.
As our representation on the ground with our clients, you will often be a regular and recognised face. It is critical that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to build strong relationships with our customers, strengthening the bond between the two organisations.
The successful candidates will demonstrate
- At least 2 years experience in a similar support role ideally within an MSP environment
- A strong level of capability across desktop, server and Microsoft 365 configuration and support.
- At least MCP level certification – we will support the right candidates to achieve this and continue to progress towards MCSA level.
- A desire and satisfaction from working face to face with clients and working in a field capacity, travelling between client sites across a broad geography
A successful candidate can look forward to highly competitive salary, company cash health scheme, Taste Card membership, company pension and our field engineers are provided with a company vehicle which can be used for commuting.
We would invite interested candidates to contact us by email in the first instance on careers -at- vital.co.uk – please enclose a CV and covering letter outlining your skills, experience and interest in the position.